Who You'll Work For
REEF's mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You'll Do
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for providing technical support to the Kitchen Manager, while exhibiting leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. The Assistant Kitchen Manager manages operations and personnel in the absence of the Kitchen Manager. They are responsible for the quality of the food, while ensuring seamless operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up stations with all necessary supplies
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Cover Kitchen Manager duties as needed
- Always follows supervisors' direction
- Follows proper cooking techniques for all dishes
- Ensures food quality and timeliness
- Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures according to company and state regulations
- Complies with all nutrition, sanitation and safety regulations and standards
- Reports all unsafe working conditions, operational needs and equipment or aspects of the kitchen in need of repair to management
- Assist in managing workforce hours
- Assist with cost of goods sold
- Train new hires & coach employees as needed
- Assist with inventory management
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
What We Want From You:
- Leadership skills
- Restaurant Experience, preferable
- Some Knowledge of COGS and Inventor
- Previous cooking and supervision experience
- Open availability
- Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedure.