CHICA by Lorena Garcia will transport guests through Latin America, featuring the robust and vibrant flavors of authentic regional dishes. Celebrating a rich blend of native ingredients and techniques that are forever weaved into our American history and palate -- from Venezuela, Argentina, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico, Peru, and more - CHICA will pay homage to each culinary tradition all in one dynamic environment. From the wood-fire grill to the traditional plancha and rotisserie for the signature Meyer Lemon Chicken, a combination of family traditions and passions will unite guests around the table and deliver a legacy of culinary delights. The atmosphere will be musically charged with Latin beats while a lively bar scene will feature cocktails and fine spirits from a regionally inspired curated beverage program, as well as a wine inventory that emphasizes historical ties to old world wines.
CHICA is open Tuesday through Sunday for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
REPORTS TO: General Manager; Director of Operations
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Guests, Kitchen Staff, Stewarding Staff, F&B Staff, Management Team
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager and Director of Operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
* Must be able to maintain tact and cool under pressure
* Able to work flexible hours necessary including off hours, weekends and holidays
* Ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality
* Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility
* Excellent guest service skills
* Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
* Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and
* Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed
accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance
* of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards,
* company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
* Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
* Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper
* uniforms, and appearance standards.
* Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient
* provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
* Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests
into return guests.
* Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
* Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in
the event that a guest or employee is injured. Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while
upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
* Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
* Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
* Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
* Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance
* Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
* The employee frequently is required to stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger, handle or feel; talk; hear; see; and reach with
hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 50 pounds
Qualifications and Competencies
* At least 3 years of restaurant management experience
* Knowledge of MS Office, ALOHA, and Compeat Advantage preferably.
* Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security,
company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
* Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
* Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
* Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
* Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate
solutions to restaurant problems.
* Must possess effective communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
* Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in
daily restaurant activities.
In the late 1960's film classic Cool Hand Luke, Paul Newman's devil-may-care attitude lands him in a Florida jail for cutting off the heads of parking meters. Outnumbered, Newman is dared by his cellmates to eat 50 hard-boiled eggs in an hour. Fueled by his stubborn instincts and unwillingness to conform, Newman trumps his naysayers and defies all odds - proving that he can accomplish anything he sets his mind to.
It's this ethos on which our company was founded. 50 Eggs is a place where ideas become plans, plans become actions and actions become success and growth. It's a place where we always find a way to overcome the impossible - a place where we can eat 50 Eggs.
50 Eggs is comprised of highly-driven, passionate professionals who share a wide range of strengths and expertise. The Executive Team is proudly composed of a versatile task force of experts focused on company culture, guest service excellence, food and beverage management, training and development programs, and strong sales practices; a set of ingredients that set us apart from the rest.
Operators, culinarians, service industry professionals and sales & marketing mavens alike join 50 Eggs for a career, not a job. We are a family that is driven by our defined Core Values, and led by our philosophy that "We Can Eat 50 Eggs." We are committed to providing our team a space to not only do what they love but to expand our knowledge individually and cohesively to grow as a company within the various fields