The Catbird is seeking a Food & Beverage to join their opening leadership team! If you are currently in this role or ready to take the next step in your career, we look forward to hearing from you!
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
Catbird is an independent hotel in RiNo that blurs the line between hotel and home. The hotel creates adaptable spaces that foster a deeper sense of belonging for our guests and community. More than a mash-up of periods and styles, this hotel creates all the feelings that travel should provide. Catbird will be 165-rooms with hybrid furniture providing massive functionality in a small amount of space. The lobby will feature comfortable spaces, grab-and-go food options, and flexibility between work-flow and life-balance that experiential travelers seek out. Guest rooms will feature full kitchens with functional housewares, unique storage, and multi-functional furniture where small spaces realize their larger potential.
Paying homage to the history of the neighborhood around it, Catbird encompasses a 3,600 square foot, four-bedroom historic home, originally built in 1890, which has been preserved as part of the hotel. Amenities include a "playroom" stocked with bikes, skateboards, scooters, cameras and other items, package delivery lockers, a guest storage area where repeat guests can leave often-used items, and a dog run for man's best friend.
The rooftop at Catbird will feature a stunning indoor bar and an inviting outdoor deck with lounge seating and firepits, perfect for enjoying unobstructed views of the Denver skyline with friends and colleagues. The rooftop will also be home to an additional 3,300 square foot deck that will be dedicated to hosting corporate and social events. Guests will be sure to enjoy the two jacuzzi tubs and a beautiful area of green grass up on the roof, created for outdoor activation in the Denver sunshine.
Plan and manage the Restaurant, Room Service, Bar, and catering in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Position is responsible for the short term planning and managing the operations of the Restaurant, Room Service, Bar and catering. Recommends promotional ideas and procedural changes. Prepares forecasts, implements, monitors and controls the budgets for the various outlets.
* Manage the human resources within the department.
* Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
* Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's annual budget, business/marketing plan, forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations.
* Implement and manage all company programs (company/franchise) to ensure compliance with the SOPs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
* Market the Food and Beverage outlets; develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in-house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
* Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the food and beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the asset, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
* Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
More than two years of post high school education.
One to two years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
* Excellent comprehension for assisting with guest and associate matters.
* Interpreting instructions from customers, associates, and managers.
* Must have excellent oral communication for communicating with guests and associates, issuing instructions and communicating policies.
* Excellent comprehension required to read and implement policies and procedures; writing schedules and reading forecast and SOPs.
* Must have knowledge of food safety and chemicals/agents for training purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Excellent vision required for seating guests, expediting food, cleaning equipment, reading floor plans, charts, schedules.
* Ability to lift, push, pull and carry tables, chairs, trays, plates, and chaffing dishes on a daily basis, 20 -40 lbs.
* Bending to pick up dropped items as needed. Bend to assist in serving food or getting supplies.
* No kneeling required.
* Mobility -95% of shift covering all areas of outlets supervising.
* Continuous standing to assist at hostess station -minimal stationary standing.
* Climbing stairs -varies by location. No driving required.
Inside 95% of shift. Temperatures can exceed 100 degrees if working at location with outside dining facilities and when assisting in kitchen.
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Health savings and flexible spending accounts
* Basic Life and AD&D insurance
* Company-paid short-term disability
* Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
* Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
* Employee assistance program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
* Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Property : Catbird Hotel
Category: Restaurant Operations
Min: USD $41,000.00/Yr.
Max: USD $55,000.00/Yr.
Address : 3770 Walnut Street
City : Denver
State : Colorado
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability