Established in 1946, Northwood Club is a premier country club located in the heart of North Dallas. The club provides all the facilities and events that professionals or families need to entertain, socialize and recreate. We are currently looking for a male locker room attendant who can provide services for a traditional exclusive Men's country club Locker Room.
General Purpose: Provide personal, courteous and discreet service for male members and their guests. Daily Set-Up and Maintenance of the men's locker room and hospitality area. Provides various services within the locker room including shoe and dry cleaning. Cleaning and mainteance of spa, showers, restooms and stocking of amenties. Provides services to members and guests in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Attend to daily event preparations (tournaments, poker, group lunches, gatherings, locker cleaning and organization)
* Answer customer inquiries; and explain policies, and procedures of facilities.
* Executes special member requests.
* Check supplies to ensure adequate availability, and order new supplies when necessary.
* Sweeps, vacuums and spot cleans carpet, walls, dust furniture and fixtures.
* Removes trash from areas
* Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
* Organize and prepare beverages
* Provide ice for beverage area and for daily events
* Wipe down lounge tables and straighten furniture
* Clean and operate TV's and room music. Ensure volume levels and station are appropriate.
* Clean and polish footwear, using brushes, sponges, cleaning fluid, polishes, waxes, liquid or sole dressing, and daubers.
* Replenish used stock and towels, organize locker room and bathrooms
* Check shower stalls, replenish towels, put away used towels, spot clean if necessary, replace supplies, top up soaps and conditioners
* Spot check toilet stalls, spot clean if necessary and report problems to Housekeeping Supervisor
* Empty hand towel baskets 2-3 times per day
Education/Experience: Less than high school education; or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: May be required: to read a limited number or two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: May be required: to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Reasoning Ability: May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one and two step instructions; to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Demands: Frequently stands and walks; uses hands to finger, feel or handle; reach with hands and arms. Occasionally stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, sits, talks or hears. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Vision Requirements: Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Environment/Noise: Frequently works in doors. Noise level is moderate.
Certificates/Licenses: Must be at least age 18. Texas Alcohol & Beverage Certification and Food Safety Handling.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
* Ability to read and speak English required in order to perform the duties of the job
* Knowledge of golf and tennis preferred but not requiredThis job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.