NexDine is offering a sign on bonus*, come join our team!
Here at NexDine, we make diversity our advantage. From the workforce we support, the clientele we service, to the food we create, diversity is our secret sauce!
Want to hear more about our Guiding Principles and what drives us? Apply below!
Position: Full-Time (Corporate Dining) Chef Manager
Location: South Portland, ME
Schedule: Monday through Friday - Enjoy your nights and weekends OFF!
Salary: Commensurate with experience - Lets talk!
Benefits: YES! Details below
We provide our full-time team members a generous compensation and benefits package, training, opportunity and support. We provide resources, rewards and incentives to our valued employees.
* Health, dental and vision insurance
* Company-paid life insurance
* Many supplemental insurances
* 401(k) savings plan
* Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Weekly Paycheck
* Plus various perks!
* Paid Weekly - Direct Deposit
The Chef Manager reports to the Regional Vice President and is responsible for developing and executing culinary results to exceed customer expectations. The Chef Manager oversees and manages culinary and financial operations to meet service, production and presentation standards. The Chef Manager applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food. In addition, the Chef Manager will be responsible for client relationship management and overseeing and developing an hourly staff.
Chef Manager Essential Functions
* Manage menu writing and cycle of cost control utilizing appropriate recipes and costing measures
* Responsible for the quality of all food products and ensure that standards are met
* Responsible for all aspects of food production, execution and presentation
* Oversight of all aspects of catering operations
* Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships
* Purchasing of all food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation ensuring quality control practices are in place for receiving all products
* Receiving food and supplies - must be able to lift items up to 40 pounds
* Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services, including all essential functions of payroll processing
* Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, uniform guidelines and productivity are maintained
* Manage client relationships to maintain client satisfaction and account retention
* Manage department controllable expenses (P&L) including food costs, labor, supplies, uniforms and equipment, specific to budgetary guidelines
* Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs
* Responsible for inventory management
* Submit financial reporting to the corporate office
* Responsible for people management to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, termination, review process, and management of unit staff
* Instruct, train and supervise cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food
* Provide excellent customer service to include being attentive, approachable, greeting and thanking customers
Required Education and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 3 - 5 years' experience in food service management specifically corporate dining
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Culinary School certificate or degree
* Microsoft Office Suite
Required Eligibility Qualifications:
* ServSafe Certification
* Allergen Awareness Certification
Who We Are:
We're NexDine, a fast-growing specialty dining service provider, we're the "Fresh Idea People". We offer excellent working conditions, empower creativity, cool technology and of course, great food.
We hire and keep great people! We work as a team and everyone contributes to the success of our business. We want our employees to get excited about making great food while keeping our customers satisfied and coming back for more! We want you to continue to learn new things and also teach others what you know so you too can grow! We empower our people to make the choices that ensure every NexDine customer is satisfied with our services. We all work hard, love what we do and have fun too!
NexDine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. NexDine participates in E-Verify.