ROLE PROFILE: Food Safety and Supplier Auditor
WINGSTOP RESTAURANTS, INC.
ROLE PROFILE OVERVIEW
Global Support Center
REPORTS TO TITLE
Manager of QA and Food Safety
ROLE PROFILE DESCRIPTION
HOURS PER WEEK
WHO WE ARE
We're not in the wing business. We're in the flavor business. It's been our mission To Serve the World Flavor since we first opened in 1994, and we're just getting started. 1997 saw the opening of our first brand partner operated Wingstop location, and by 2002 we had served the world one billion wings. It's flavor that defines us and has made Wingstop one of the fastest growing brands in the restaurant industry.
Above all else - our success is largely due to our people and our core values, or what we call The Wingstop Way, of being entrepreneurial, service-minded, fun and authentic. We believe having a strong people foundation centered on these collective values creates a crave-worthy culture and talented team, as well as ensures our brand is poised for accelerated growth. We all win together.
We are seeking a Food Safety and Supplier Auditor to support our growing Supply Chain team. This role will work proactively with our supplier network to continually improve product quality and adherence to Wingstop brand specifications. This role is part of the Global Support Center.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Conducts continuous evaluations of product(s) at supplier's plants to ensure specification compliance and reports results appropriately.
* Identifies opportunities and strategies to work with plant management to optimize companies' product cost while maintaining target specifications.
* Cultivates relationship with supplier plant stakeholders to ensure alliance with company goals and expectations for product quality.
* Monitors performance for all suppliers of assigned products and authenticates results to ensure specification compliance and takes corrective action accordingly.
* Analyzes and tracks supplier production reports and 3rd party audit reports to identify variances or deviations from Wingstop product specifications. Reports all information to Quality Assurance team.
* Partners with Operations team on restaurant visits to conduct evaluations on core products to ensure compliance to specification.
* Maintains knowledge of industry best practices for food manufacturing, preparation, and handling according to federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Ensures Wingstop restaurants are in compliance with such laws and regulations while notifying Supply Chain team of any impending or proposed regulatory changes.
* Co-leads the investigation and resolution of product quality complaints for assigned suppliers with restaurants and internal team.
* Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
HUMBLE: You feel there is always opportunity to further your personal and professional growth. You have a collaborative work style, with clear capacity to influence and cultivate trusting relations cross functionally.
HUNGRY: You have a fire in you to keep pursuing excellence, particularly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably in chain restaurant environment. Working knowledge of food manufacturing, preferably poultry processing.
SMART: You have a high degree of emotional intelligence, an exceptional ability to convey ideas and gain alignment among others, and the aptitude to apply sound, strategic thinking to address a variety of business circumstances.
SERVICE-MINDED: You consider others at every turn by exercising your responsibilities in an energetic, proactive, and organized way. Have a genuine desire to serve the guest and be an utmost team player.
ENTREPRENEURIAL: You work with an owner's mentality when collaborating cross-functionally as you manage multiple concurrent projects from inception through execution.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
So, what does 'all in a day's work' look like to a Wing Expert in this role? Your day could shape up somewhat like this:
* Frequent use of a computer and other technology essential to the successful completion of your everyday role responsibilities, often in a seated position.
* Frequent use of mental energy while expressing or exchanging ideas and information with cross-functional colleagues, brand partners, and extended Wingstop team.
* Independent thinker and excellent problem solver. Able to acquire new skills and knowledge "on the fly" to resolve issues with new and unfamiliar systems.
* Routine need to shift priorities among simultaneous projects, while upholding quality and sense of urgency.
Wingstop provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.