Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American peopleJob Title
: Food Service Worker/Cook,Based at:
San Antonio, TX,Job Summary
: Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for a successful Food Service Worker/Cook, The Workload as follows; food production for a 28-day menu cycle, breakfast, lunch and dinner, meal ticket preparation, tray assembly, meal delivery, ware washing, floor stock and snack preparation and delivery, stocking subsistence and patient refrigerators on each unit, transport of food to off-site resident centers and general sanitation and food safety.Requirements
: The Candidate must meet the following requirements
- National Restaurant Association ServSafe Certified.
- Specific Operational Requirements and Tasks the contractor shall provide for the following services.
- Food Preparation.
- Following recipes for meats, vegetables, starches, fruit dishes, salads, desserts and drinks when modified in consistency.
- Cooking using ovens, mixers, blenders, tilt fryers, griddles, kettles and slicers.
- Label food IAW food safety guidelines and dispose of outdated food items in their refrigerators and walk-in's daily.
- Operate under a clean-as-you go work practice and ensure that all equipment and utensils are cleaned and/or removed from the work area when changing from one food item to another item. This will avoid cross contamination or exposure to allergens from different types of ingredients and foods.
- Practice safety precautions when using sharp objects like slicers, blenders and knives as well as operating ovens, kettles, mixers, griddles and tilt fryers safely.
- Meal Assembly Operations.
- Prepare the tray line in their section according the menu items needed for the specific meal served, daily standard items (i.e. condiments, diet kits, flatware, napkins, supplements etc.), and any special ordered items identified on the special tally list.
- Place the appropriate items on the tray according to the meal ticket provided by the Meal Support Office.
- Label all items prepared for meals with appropriate date labels according to 2017 Food Code for safe food handling and storage.
- Meal Delivery.
- Process meals checking to ensure that plates are hot on the retherm cart. If the heating element is not hot to touch, FSW will microwave the item for the specified time preset on the microwave. They place it back on the appropriate tray and re-dome it. Trays will be returned to the cart for the specified unit.
- Transport cart from kitchen to the appropriate unit for distribution either by the nursing staff or will pass the meals to the Veterans at bedside.
- Return empty cart to kitchen area and repeat meal delivery and distribution until all meals are served for the meal period.
- Floor Stock and Snack operations.
- Prepare simple snack items, individually bagged and labeled and bulk stocks for patient nourishment refrigerators and food pantries. The list of items to be prepared for snacks will be provided by the Meal Support Office daily.
- Follow the process for verifying the delivery, stocking and time of day it was completed.
- Clean and sanitize refrigerators ensuring that there are no spills or food particles on shelves, drawers, doors or door handles.
- Conduct nourishment inventory, remove and dispose of any items that are outdated replace items to the par level using First in First out method of stocking.
- Push nourishment cart to each unit from the main kitchen.
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Powered by JazzHR