With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe. Considering Sonder's expansion plans throughout the country, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who breathes hospitality operations and is energized by the opportunity to maximize the potential of a team of Hospitality Agents. This would mean developing scalable processes related to how a city onboards, trains, and develops their team, alongside owning various city operations projects. The ideal candidate is a strong people leader that can inspire and motivate a team to deliver an amazing Sonder guest experience while supporting our city operations. Our Sonder locations are distributed across a city in different shapes, sizes, ages and styles, and we pride ourselves on offering a hotel-like service.That's
what you'll own.At Sonder You Will
What We're Looking For
- Support Hospitality Agents by training, coaching and providing performance feedback with an eye towards execution
- Prioritize, delegate, execute, and support day-to-day tasking to ensure world-class guest experience and team accountability
- Guide guests through the Sonder experience, ensuring they have an amazing first impression
- Communicate cross-functionally clearly and with compassion
- Own and update standard operating procedures to support team execution
- Assist in continuous improvement project design and implementation
- Analyze city trends to optimize operations and to proactively address potential guest issues
- Work with City Operations Leadership to identify new opportunities to elevate operations for both our guests and the city team
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing direct reports; hospitality a plus
- Proven ability to lead, prioritize and deliver with a focus on driving team performance through coaching, training and accountability
- Strong affinity to people management and able to effectively lead a team by example, inspiring people to be engaged and proactive
- Great communication skills, able to define clear action steps for their team members and effectively delegate
- Ability to take the initiative and problem solve independently
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to adapt and flex to shifting priorities
- Embraces technology for team management and collaboration and motivated to adopt new and emerging technologies
- Strong ability to establish positive relationships with others
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever-changing, always challenging startup environment
- Basic spreadsheet knowledge required i.e., Google suite
- Ability to lift/carry items up to 40lbs, and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of hospitality is a plus
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights and weekends as business requires
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone and a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations).
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive salary with growth opportunities
- Health Insurance for full-time employees
- Stock options for full-time employees (Be an owner of a rapidly growing tech-hospitality start-up)
- $1000 in annual Sonder credits for Sonders around the world. 25% discount for friends and family. Love to travel? That's what we do!
- Comprehensive training (learn about every aspect of the hospitality industry)
- A high-energy, start-up environment with smart, positive coworkers