Location Bold Catering & Design - Catering Description
Event Chef - Bold American Events
* Extensive knowledge of all cuisines
* Ability to read a menu and know the product and ingredients
* Fully understand timelines and when to proceed with cooking and assembling of each food item
* Extensive knowledge of food safety and temperature safety zones
* Knowledge and understanding of proper sanitation and glove protocol
* Has a good palette and tastes all items before packing them and serving them.
* Understands food on all levels and can talk intelligently with staff and guests about what is being served.
* Professional appearance, in uniform at all times
* Required to fill out an event reports after each shift, providing thorough recap of all aspects of the event
* Provides detailed and consistent feedback, and proper documentation of any employee and/or guest incidents
* Takes responsibility and care when handling all company equipment
* Always on time and ready to work.
* Must be clean and organized in all phases of the job.
* Is an excellent leader and must remain professional in any situation.
* Understands how to set up your staff for success, train them if needed, and hold people accountable.
* Must have the ability to communicate with guests, client, and venue team in a positive and knowledgeable way.
* Have the ability to assess your team and put them in areas of strength
* Have great time management skills
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency
About the Organization Consider a career with Fifth Group Restaurants or Bold Catering & Design companies with more than 25 years of experience working with the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality industry. Beyond that, we want it to be your home away from home; your #FGRfamily away from family. We invite you to be a part of a team where your co-workers care about your advancement as much as their own. Be a success. Be amazing. Be a FifthGrouper.
Working for us has its benefits. Literally. Some of our benefits (depending on your role) include:
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, life, vision, and supplemental insurance
* 401(k) retirement plan with company matching funds
* Generous bonus plans
* Restaurant discounts and company-provided family meals
* Flex-spending and dependent-care accounts
* Cash-reward referral program
* Work anniversary gifts
Enjoy a harmonious work/life balance.
* Flexible schedules
* Collaborative work environment
* Opportunities to work for our catering company and other restaurants
We'll quench your thirst for knowledge. Learning opportunities such as...
* Detailed and ongoing training in hospitality, wine and spirits, and food-pairing
2+ years of experience in high volume kitchen - events/catering preferred
Excellent communication skills
Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Req Number BOL-21-00005