: General Maintenance Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Status: Non-ExemptJob Summary
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for assisting with the operation, maintenance, service, and repair of equipment and physical plant as assigned. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program, handling guest requests in a hospitable and efficient manner, and the completion of other work orders as assigned. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs, such as carpentry, painting, etc., as assigned.
- Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property and company standards
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Always comply with property, company, and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Follow all departmental procedures and policies.
- Report emergencies and safety hazards immediately/assists with safety concerns.
- Consistently utilize Empower guest experience tool to rapidly respond to guest requests, as well as track and review all departmental cases
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Replace A/C filters
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest units to include vinyl repair, touch up paint, minor furniture repair, tub caulking, tile repairs, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines, refrigerators, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, and HVAC systems as required in the properties maintenance plan.
- Perform plumbing repair, laundry equipment repair, preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause - determine emergency status and report to the Engineering Manager with findings.
- Keep assigned equipment and work areas clean and orderly
- Do periodic property tours of exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
- Complete all appropriate Maintenance forms, if applicable
- Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
- Always use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- 1-2 years experience in general maintenance
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to squat and bend
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Ability to lift / push / pull 50 lbs.
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates form their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
- Please note we are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background screening is required for all candidates offered a position.**
Powered by JazzHR