Pressery is an innovative food and beverage company based in Denver. At Pressery, we cold-press juice and craft other products including bone broth, soups, ramen kits and oatmeal cups. Our culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and employs a philosophy of freedom and accountability. We hire and promote individuals who demonstrate solid judgment, seek out opportunities to make an impact, and are actively curious.
We are growing quickly, and are looking for a key member to join our Team. The Production Supervisor would manage the production floor from end to end. This entails full-time, direct, on the floor management of the production staff and shift leaders plus a strong collaboration and partnership with QA and Facility Maintenance. This management position requires outstanding interpersonal skills, a strong customer focus, and the ability to multitask effectively.
The right candidate will be responsible for managing the people, equipment and processes required to accurately and efficiently complete all purchase orders by the expected due dates. This includes assuring consistent and efficient quality production, continuous enforcement (and training) of GMPs, supporting document control processes, implementing HACCP and SQF principles, along with lean manufacturing.
- Direct management of the production team and facility during shift
- Be present on the floor % of the shift to personally drive quality and efficiency.
- Execute weekly planning and manage team members' daily work so that production lines are adequately staffed, production schedules are met, and production efficiencies are met or exceeded.
- Ensure compliance with GMPs, HACCP, SQF -- safety is #1.
- Continually improve Pressey's food safety and quality system
- Train Leads and team members
- Manage special projects/tasks (i.e., Commercialization / R&D of new products)
- May occasionally be asked to perform line work as needed to ensure production schedules are met.
- Lead team responsible for all aspects of production operations
- Presence on the floor 80 - 100% of the time
- Maintain machine operations and direct process changes on the floor
- Train team members
- Supervise all room cleans and CIPs related to production
- Lead Production team in additional QA related tasks as directed by the QA Manager
- Correct any violations or processes with on the spot training and documentation
- Schedule and manage payroll for your team
- Check all process paperwork in the middle and end of the shift for compliance
- Drive the shift to complete production, cleaning, and sanitation by the end of their shift time
- 2-4 years in a supervisor role in Beverage/Food manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills and an understanding of how to manage people to succeed within a team and as individuals
- Thorough understanding of and experience with QA practices and procedures
- Strong understanding of HACCP, GMPs, SQF
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food manufacturing and processing equipment.
- Strong leadership skills with special ability to mentor, direct, and coach.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask with many variables.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including but not limited to: safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, order information, new formulation requests, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of basic math
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and the ability to learn our software programs
- Ability to lead a team to high levels of performance, as well as set an example for the team and hold the team accountable for daily tasks / performance.
- Ability to build an effective team and an inclusive environment with a diverse group of people
Must be able to work in refrigerated environments as well hot production rooms. Must be able to lift 50 lbs occasionally and be on your feet for 8-10 hours per day. The nature of this work is physically demanding and fast paced.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member may be required to work with packaging equipment, pallet trucks, hand dollies, calculators, computers, filling / sealing equipment, blending equipment, cooking kettles, saws, pumps, and blenders.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Support to further your education - training, certificates, workshops, etc…
- A start-up culture/environment where you'll be rewarded for jumping in and driving changes with 100% support from the CEO and senior management
** Relocation services will not be provided for this position. Local candidates preferred. **