Do you strive to create amazing culinary experiences?
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Campus Executive Chef for Universities Segment in Boston, MA The successful Campus Executive Chef 3 will have experience with, and proven results in, the following areas:
Culinary Creativity: Follows culinary trends and innovates using local sustainable food sources, is able to translate ideas into unique menu and recipe programs that advance the culinary experience across the regional enterprise. Candidate must have the ability to completely translate "authentic" international cuisine to the customer.
Leadership: Ability to effectively manage and communicate with Culinary Staff, Key Personnel, Catering Staff and Management Teams along with a passion and dedication to be "one of the best". Candidate must be highly engaged and extremely hands-on in day to day operations.
Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide ranging variety of cooking techniques and skills for the catering staff (plate presentation, quality, safety, proper culinary techniques).
Financial: Ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with food costs, labor and controllable expenses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong culinary management experience;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- Understanding of food allergens and special dietary needs;
- Strong understanding of financials as well as strong analytical skills.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION! **
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.