Specialist - Operational Excellence and Food Safety
Ready to use your hotel, restaurant or supermarket experience in a new and exciting way? Have a knack for training/coaching others? Looking to build your career in a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Steritech Brand Standards is proud to be a member of the Rentokil family of companies in North America. Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, processing, retail, food service, and hospitality. We help our clients give the best, safest, and healthiest possible service to THEIR customers.
What do our Food Safety Specialists do?
Our Specialists help our hotel, restaurant, and grocery clients ensure brand standards, food quality and friendly service for their customers. They also:
- Conduct assessments that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry, and proprietary brand standards for clients
- Observe food prep and cooking standards to ensure food safety, health, and sanitation practices
- Partner with clients to address root causes of assessment discrepancies and develop corrective action plans
- Teach and coach clients how to make their workplace a safer and healthier environment for themselves and THEIR customers
- Travel up to 50%, or 10 days per month, including some evening and weekend work
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Company provided technology package and vehicle
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- Meet the requirements to obtain a CP-FS certification within 1 year of hire. As of date of hire, applicants should meet ONE of the following requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED and at least five years experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Associates degree with at least four years experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Bachelor's degree (Hospitality Management, Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or other Science degree), with at least one year of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Bachelor's degree (other than Science/Food/Hospitality) with at least two years of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays and evenings as needed
- Desire to travel via car and/or plane up to 50% of time
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug screen
- Ability to lift 32 lbs chest high, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability and desire to influence others with tact and skill
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Thrives in an autonomous working environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to organize and prioritize work based on urgency, efficiency and other factors
- Safe driving record and a commitment to working safely
- Strong technical knowledge of food safety is preferred
- ServSafe and/or CP-FS Certification(s) a plus
- Food service/grocery management/crew lead or chef experience valued, but not required
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)