General Manager - Greater Boston / Northeast Region
WECO Hospitality is a daily meal delivery service, building the future of dinner by connecting families with chefs who make freshly-prepared, locally sourced dinners for individuals and families every weekday. Our offering is at the crossroads of healthy, sustainable meals, local farm-to-table ingredients, creative chef talent, and families who want to dine together at home. Everything we do serves both our customers and the communities we're in--we care deeply about being a positive part of a healthy food ecosystem.
Our transparent, stakeholder-driven approach to sustainability, our unique business model, and our trust -based, flexible payment system, combined with our delicious dinners, have engendered a tribal level of customer engagement and love.
We have experienced unprecedented growth and are looking for an experienced market-level General Manager to lead the Greater Boston market while we build and strengthen our presence in other markets.
You will have P&L responsibility for the Greater Boston region and are responsible for managing all operations in the market. This is a rich, varied job with many important responsibilities and is perfect for someone who wants to manage, lead, and grow a dynamic operation.
To succeed at WECO, you must be passionate about delicious food and sustainable food ecosystems and prefer a startup environment to a bureaucratic corporate culture.
Your role and responsibilities:
- P&L responsibility for the region.
- Lead a large team, including recruitment and management of all local operational staff (kitchen, packing, expediting, delivery).
- Oversee all kitchen facilities in the market.
- Manage all logistics in the market (delivery ops, supplies, vendors, equipment, vehicles).
- Manage and control costs (labor and other COGS) to hit targets.
- Work with local governments to ensure permitting and compliance.
- Secure and open new locations to grow our capacity in pace with demand.
- Quality assurance and control.
- Collaborate with culinary operations and local chefs teams to ensure flawless and delicious recipe execution.
- Collaborate with marketing, customer care, and product management teams to implement initiatives aimed at customer-specific goals (acquisition, retention, etc)
- Collaborate with peers in other markets to share learnings and best practices.
Your prior experience and skills should include:
- You've managed a P&L for a significant region with multiple locations in a growth environment.
- You have a business degree or MBA and are well-versed in finance and accounting.
- You live, speak, and breathe operationally-intensive businesses.
- You're a builder, comfortable with the ambiguity inherent in the early stages of a company's development and are able to create systems and processes to operationalize for scale.
- You have grown and managed diverse teams with varied skills. You are an inspiring leader who engenders trust among leadership, your peers and your staff.
- You are very comfortable with technology and embrace the digital components of WECO's product and customer experience.
- Your written and verbal communication and presentation skills are exceptional - you can communicate direction and priorities clearly.
- You are a data-driven, rigorous thinker who seeks to support opinion with data and evidence.
- You are customer-focused, and exhibit empathy and curiosity towards our growing customer base.
- You care a LOT about delicious food, food ecosystems, and sustainability.
WECO is headquartered in the Boston area and has kitchen locations throughout the region. This role will need to be on site at our locations in the area with periodic time at HQ and some remote.