Title: Food Service Worker
Department: Nutrition Services
Location: Portland, OR
Schedule: Shifts vary from 6:00AM to 2:30PM and 10:00AM-6:30PM, Monday through Sunday
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Portland is seeking an on-call Food Service Worker to join our team! This position assists with the preparation of patients' meals and nourishments; services cafeteria customers, operates the cash register, assists with catering, cleans up after meals and dishwashing.
● Minimum of 3 years of food service experience, preferably in a hospital or cafeteria setting
● High school diploma or GED
● Current Food Handler's card
● Ability to read, write and speak conversational English
● Basic math skills and cash-handling ability
● Ability to operate cash register, make correct change and reconcile a cash drawer
● Ability to safely and correctly perform the Heimlich maneuver
● Ability to perform food preparation and safely handle and store food.
● Serve Safe certification preferred
Shriners Hospitals for Children is committed to providing the highest quality care to children with neuromusculoskeletal conditions, burn injuries and other special healthcare needs within a compassionate, family-centered and collaborative care environment.
Our work environment is mission driven, high quality and provides great satisfaction to all professionals through the unique health care setting. We are an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing challenging and rewarding careers. Shriners Hospitals for Children is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
All of our positions, including on-call positions, are benefits eligible. We offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Employees who are 0.5 FTE or greater are also eligible for 100% company paid group life insurance, supplemental life insurance, 100% company paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and a generous PTO accrual. We also offer 90% reimbursement for monthly Tri-Met passes, monthly C-Tran passes and yearly Aerial Tram passes. Tri-Met passes are good for the bus, Max, and light rail.