Join our team at Acts Retirement-Life Communities!
Acts has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness. The philosophy of Acts, which guides our relationship with our employees, is based upon confidence in and respect for the dignity and individuality of each employee. If you'd like to contribute to our vision, we'd like to speak with you!
Acts is currently seeking qualified candidates for our Sous Chef position within the Culinary Department.
The Sous Chef collaborates with the Executive Chef and/or Chef Manager in meal preparation while following the standardized recipes and established food handling, preparation and meal service time schedules and standards. In charge of the day-to-day operations and supervises all food production, sanitation, and service staff. Collaborates in the menu planning process with culinary management team.
Completes various food preparation tasks supporting production.
2. Supervises the production staff ensuring quality and consistency of menu
production while adhering to safe food handling practices following HACCP
3. Ensures all production staffs are following standardized recipes.
4. Ensures portion control standards are met.
5. Monitors all products on service line ensuring operational efficiency
6. Responsible to ensure all leftovers are properly cooled, labeled and dated,
according to Acts policies.
7. Maintains a strict "clean as you go" policy, maintaining a clean, professional work
8. Collaborates in the menu planning with management team.
9. Assists in the ordering of food products and maintaining inventory according to
production records and established par levels.
10. Monitors staff for safe and proper use of all kitchen equipment.
11. Reports all equipment maintenance concerns to management.
12. Merchandises food displays for customer appeal.
Sous Chef (FP1) 2
Last Updated: September 2015
13. Addresses patrons 'issues, promptly and courteously.
14. Ensures all documentation logs are completed prior to and after meal service; food
items (hot and cold), dish machine, cooling, thermometer calibration and
refrigerator temperature logs.
15. Ensures all food items are received and stored according to HACCP guidelines.
16. Completes the café operation documents, as assigned.
17. Trains and schedules café staff, as assigned.
18. May perform other duties as assigned.
19. Ability to organize and maintain a restaurant style cooking line
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
At Acts, you can build a challenging and rewarding career with competitive benefits, and a full range of opportunities for professional growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer