St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Nutrition Services Aide is responsible for performing a wide range of duties within the foodservice department, which may include: delivery and retrieval of patient trays, stocking supplies in various areas of the hospital, operating a POS system, portioning food, general cleaning responsibilities including ware washing, delivering, staging, and cleaning up of catered functions, answering and processing calls for patient meal requests.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, sets, and serves all food as directed ensuring proper temperatures and portion sizes.
- Performs minor food preparation and portioning tasks in accordance with departmental policy.
- Prepares and gathers all items needed for snacks and breaks and ensures they are delivered to the proper areas.
- Helps in tray assembly.
- Delivers trays to patients in accordance with established facility and departmental procedures.
- Utilizes established double identifies to ensure patient safety.
- Double checks tray for accuracy and nutrition order compliance prior to delivery.
- Ensures the tray is positioned properly for the patient; assists the patient with the opening of any tray elements; and checks with patient for the need of any additional or missing items.
- Picks up soiled trays in a timely manner and returns trays to kitchen for proper cleaning and storage.
- Ensures and maintains proper food quality and temperature.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Walking for up to 7 hours, 30 minutes at a time; sitting for up to 1 hour at a time and standing up to 1 ½ hours for 30 minutes at a time. Frequently uses handling and occasionally twisting/turning, lifting (1-50 lb.), carrying (1-50 lb.), pushing (1-50 lb.), and pulling (1-50 lb.). When performing essential functions, occasionally involves with stooping/bending, climbing, reaching above shoulder level. Employee must have the ability to hear normal conversation, have general vision, far vision, and peripheral vision.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Customer service and/or food service experience preferred, but not necessary. On job training will be provided.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.