Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
TheHostess/Host is responsible for greeting, welcoming, seating, and assisting guests. Coordinates guest seating to balance server workload and ensure efficiency. May also be responsible for taking reservations, and documenting/fulfilling guest date, time, and seating preferences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Report to work promptly in a clean and neat state, with clothes pressed.
- Assign each waitress a section and post in wait prep area- confer with manager on duty.
- Answer phone reservations and map on reservation chart.
- Allow 10-15 minutes between tables within sections.
- It is most important to be at the hostess station and only leave when you are seating a guest.
- Be sure to notify wait person of a new table.
- When seating the guests, give each person a menu, each child a children's menu, crayons, and activity sheet, and one wine and beer list for each table.
- Always check menus before opening and replace any that are dirty or torn.
- Above all, have a smile on your face and warmly greet each guest.
- Check with shift manager for other duties.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The budgeted range starts at 9.30 - 10.81. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
If you're hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you'll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you're interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you'll instantly feel at home.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 278207