Lead Server - $500 Bonus Available
Vista Gardens Memory Care, managed by Guest Services Senior Living, is now hiring a Lead Server to assist with dining operations in our community. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is service oriented, reliable, and available to work weekends and holidays.
$500 Sign-on Bonus Available (conditions apply)
Guest Services Senior Living, LLC offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, and more!
The Lead Server assists the management in all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Lead Server assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests' complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of dining area, and/or food stations to ensure quality standards.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit's staff at the direction of the General Manager. Train hourly staff for peak performance and monitor staff's development.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of experience in related management required.
- Food Protection Manager Certification. Demonstration of food safety and sanitation knowledge.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Food service equipment (pots and pans, stove, fridge, fryers, among others).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.