Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Shady Grove
Park Hotels & Resorts invests not only in properties, but also in people. We attract visionary and collaborative team members who love being value creators. Full of pride and possibility, our team is experienced, supportive, and best in class. Take your career further by joining a place that's powered by people. Enjoy a level of loyalty and comfort that inspires career fearlessness and fosters creative freedom. At Park, you'll find career opportunities as impressive as the world-class properties in which we invest. We look forward to receiving your application today.
Greets and registers guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel . Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests.
What will I be doing?
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs.
- Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate.
- Promotes and administers Marketing Programs for arriving guests.
- Ensures guest knows location of room, and arranges for team member to accompany guest to room. Provides welcome packet containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc. to guest.
- Ensure rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement.
- Properly accounts for services provided by the hotel. Assists guest with check out payments or charges.
- Accepts and records vouchers, credit, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment.
- Converts foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- Receives special requests from guests, and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate team members for decisions and actions.
- Promptly answers the telephone and email inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and advises other team members of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items for customers as requested.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results.
- Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.