Being the Catering Sales Manager at a Concord Hospitality property means you hold an important key to the hotel's success. You will develop and foster hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of hotel for functions and events surrounded around our hotel's meeting and event space. Our Catering Sales Managers are designated outside sales roles with 50% of their time being out of office conducting sales calls. You also are the key contact for events at the hotel utilizing of various meeting/event spaces to market to groups and corporate for meetings and catered events. Candidates should be familiar with marketing plans, action plan creation as well as working with both revenue and sales call goals…
The ideal candidate has broad experience in both wedding, social and corporate catering and events. Candidate must be able to develop base business for this new hotel through proactive and reactive sales efforts. Position requires the highest level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on excellent execution of needs, over delivering, and providing unmatched follow up.
The Ben provides three vastly different events spaces to meet the needs of today's planner.
- The Blue Heron Ballroom, 3788 square feet, high demand for social and corporate destination meetings/events
- The Studio, 1800 square feet, industrial/gallery-inspired space with 16.5 ft ceilings and open air event options
- The Kingfishers Boardroom, luxury executive boardroom seating 12
- Handle and follow up on inquiries for small meetings/events with or without guest-rooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer's needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property.
- Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the BEO.
- Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer's needs with other property business and activities to ensure customer's expectations are met and the property operates efficiently.
- Present potential business at sales meetings to determine best mix of customers for hotel to attain budgeted revenues. Conduct meetings with client and hotel staff to ensure each event meets client's expectations.
- Finalize and detail catering plans for groups and communicate effectively. Completely orchestrates these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
- Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
- Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
- Maintain account files in Delphi software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
QUALIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years catering sales, or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licenses/Certifications Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
- Must be trained in CI/TY Sales & Events CRM System (MANDATORY)
- Local Market knowledge with experience in luxury and boutique weddings and events (3+ years required)
- Must exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills while maintaining contact and event information, and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
- Three years prior experience in high-volume catering venue with focus on boutique/luxury weddings preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- MUST BE TRAINED IN CI/TY
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
At each turn, Concord prides itself on five cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and #Fun. The associates of Concord believe in a strong culture with focus on Health and Wellness, Sustainability, and Work/Life Balance:
Our Benefits (applies to Full-time Associates ONLY)
- Competitive Pay;
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental;
- 401K Retirement Program with company contribution - FREE MONEY!
- Discounted hotel room night program (Concord, & Marriott);
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary;
- Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability programs;
- Verizon Wireless discount - save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of Great Place to Work® as well as recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for millennials, and for women!
Proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V and maintain a drug-free work environment.
*Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.