The Welcome Ambassador creates a warm welcome for arriving guests, interacting with guests in the lobby, promoting hotel facilities and Food & Beverage outlets and directing them to the Concierge. The Ambassador must be able to promote excellence, convey elegance and inspire luxury with the guest and fellow team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creates an overall warm and inviting luxury atmosphere for all of our guests.
- Greets guests as they arrive to check-in at the resort and directs them to the Concierge.
- Anticipates guest's needs, and responds quickly & professionally to all guest requests.
- Provides information on Resort amenities and facilities.
- Oversees the processing of all Privilege Card members and airline miles for all of our guests.
- Communicates and partners with Sales and Catering managers on an individual basis to ensure preparation for group arrivals and departures.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a cordial attitude towards all guests and team members.
- Maintains a clean, pleasant and safe working environment.
- Provides superior customer service in accordance with the Company DRIven to Excellence standards.
- Consistently practices the Meaning of Yes® and maintains the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Operates general office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.).
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of proper cash handling procedures.
- Knowledge of the vacation ownership or timeshare industry.
- Knowledge of hotel reservations software.
- Outgoing, friendly personality.
- Ability to work independently or with others as needed.
- Ability to handle the stress of high customer demand in a hospitality environment.
- Basic office administration skills (i.e., typing, filing, answering telephone calls).
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.