Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to "Live Mas" and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell Foundation , and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company's
Top 10. About the Job
Taco Bell is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer located in sunny Irvine, CA. This position will be responsible for advancing the enterprise-wide cloud operations and provide hands-on technical engineering and ownership of the growing cloud security program. The ideal candidate will be able to blend hands-on security expertise with strong problem solving skills. The Day-to-Day
Other important tasks you'll partake in:
- Completes cloud risk assessments and audits using tools, technologies and methods
- Provide subject matter expertise - relating to cloud security - to Taco Bell development, engineering, and business teams
- Researches and proactively identifies emerging cyber threats within the cloud environment and QSR industry
- Assesses the production-readiness of new technologies using security as a pillar of technology quality
- Responsible for the thorough documentations of implementations, via technical documentation and run-books
- Partake in efforts that shape the organization's security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Execute security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Employ cloud-based APIs when suitable to write network/system level tools for safeguarding cloud environments
- Assist in the development of a roadmap for Cloud Center of Excellence services to the broader Yum! Brands security organization
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) on Cloud Security for Taco Bell
- Participate in efforts that tailor the company's security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Work closely with application developers and platform owners to deliver creative solutions to complex technology challenges and business requirements.
- Create technical and managerial level reports and risk assessments for Cloud based applications and infrastructure
- Identify processes/procedures for how to handle a cloud security event, including forensic isolation and mitigation with Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR/IR) teams
- Supports the monitoring and maintaining network security suite of tools and identifies new security threats by conducting continual monitoring and log analysis
- Collaborates with partners to create remediation strategies that will help improve their cloud security posture
- Facilitates and participates in forensic investigations when necessary
- Provides security guidance to the broader Taco Bell Technology Team
- Help build internal security tooling, to help us maintain constant readiness
- Responsible for automating security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Participate in regular security awareness initiatives and security training
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls
- Spot and execute new security technologies and best practices into the company's Cloud offerings.
- Develops best practices documentations regarding cloud security
- Propose and/or design technical solutions, which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept while maintaining a security mindset.
- Influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating Cyber Security controls.
- Translate security and technical requirements into business requirements, and communicate security risks to different audiences ranging from business leaders to engineers.
- Automate security controls, data and processes to provide better metrics and operational support
- Evaluates new technologies against established requirements and validate the security of the technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field plus 5+ years related experience in Computer Security, with proven focus on Cloud Security. Clear passion for cloud Security and Cloud technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and a drive to succeed
- Understanding of industry regulations (PCI, GDPR, CCPA) preferred
- Ability to provide technical support or consultation for security architecture, engineering, and compliance
- Must have experience with virtualization (cloud or non-cloud)
- Expert knowledge of Cloud infrastructure, security architectures, and standards
- Deep technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of current threats to Cloud infrastructure and/or IT infrastructures at technical and managerial levels
- Able to automate/script daily tasks through Python, Bash or equivalent
- Experience with web-based applications or web-services
- Proficient in Linux system design, automation and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Skilled in discussing complex security issues in understandable business terms.
- Very detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Security certification desired (e.g., CISSP, GIAC, CEH, AWS-Security, etc)
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company's brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company's family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented Interns to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life's adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development - provided by Dice