The Cafeteria Assistant shall assist in the establishment and maintenance of a safe and orderly environment throughout the noon time. Activities may include assisting students and cleaning various kitchen items.
- Maintain order in the lunchroom and/or outside eating area.
- Assist Cafeteria Manager with preparation of and serving of food.
- Perform various duties and maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sterilization.
- Assist with daily clean up of cooking utensils, pots and pans and all other cooking apparatus.
- Assist with cafeteria staff as needed.
- Report hazardous areas and/or equipment to the cafeteria manager or principal.
- Report disciplinary problems to the principal and/or teacher.
- Perform other duties as determined by supervisor
- High school diploma
- Prefer previous experience working with children
- Able to operate general kitchen appliances and have knowledge of food preparation.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Valid ServeSafe food handler certificate
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR and First Aid Certifications required
- Annual Completion of YMCA Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- Annual Completion of YMCA Child Sexual Abuse Prevention class
- Successfully complete State of Florida Criminal History Background Check requirements as well as meet the Association and Sarasota County School Board's policies on background screening
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor
Powered by JazzHR