DevOps Architect (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Atlassian toolchain, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS) in Jericho, NY
Position: DevOps Architect (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Atlassian toolchain, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS)
Location: Jericho, NY
Duration: Full-Time ONSITE position (no contracts, no corp to corp, no remote)
Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits + Bonus + 401K
SKILLS: DevOps Engineer, DevOps Architect, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Atlassian toolchain, Jenkins, Terraform, infrastructure management, monitoring, Certified AWS DevOps, SysOps, Developer
We have an immediate need for an experience DevOps Engineer for one of our Clients based in Jericho, New York.
ROLE: Analyzing and Automating:
As a DevOps Architect in our Solutions Strategy and Architecture team, you will bring new ideas and innovation. As someone with passion and expertise, DevOps Automation Architect will look after every software development process and create an automated, efficient delivery pipeline that helps build software rapidly and effectively. The DevOps Automation Architect will be responsible for building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic delivery of application and infrastructure between non-production and production environments.
Architecting, Improving and Innovating:
- Understand and analyze complex business problems to define and develop technology-based solutions.
- Analyzing and executing best practices in order to streamline DevOps practices
- Establish and execute automation and orchestration strategies
- Automating software development and delivery processes
- Automate business processes associated with software delivery, monitoring, and maintenance to improve information systems.
- Ensure solutions are designed to offer effectiveness, efficiency, evolvability, stability, security, scalability, and resiliency
- Establishing a suitable DevOps channel across the organization
- Setting up a continuous build environment to speed up software development while developing standards and practices for deployments for end users
- Architecting overall, comprehensive, and efficient Agile and DevOps practices
- Incubate infrastructure technologies to meet business needs/& priorities and to align with enterprise strategies
- Validate existing solution architectures and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Lead the development of prototypes/POCs that may be required during capture process and/or the early delivery stages, or in support of R&D efforts.
- Inspecting issues in automation and software delivery and suggest steps to solve those quickly
- Following market trends and DevOps movements and applying models of continuous improvement to test and monitor
- Utilizing a consistent DevOps approach to improve all phases of the process and ensure end-to-end quality across functions.
- Working with business owners and stakeholders to gain a strong understanding of needs and develop technical business requirements;
- Collaborating in agile scrum team with product owners to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities
- Documenting and maintaining project records related to technical and design decisions
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures
Experience creating DevOps culture:
- 7+ to 10 years experience building great software using modern tools
- Leadership mindset
- Extraordinary cross-functional communication skills
- Strong operational experience
- Clear understanding of DevOps tools, structure, processes, and mindsets
- Solid understanding of software development and distributed systems concepts
- Configuration management proficiency (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with infrastructure management and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of DevOps automation tooling (e.g. Atlassian toolchain, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred
- AWS DevOps/SysOps/Developer certifications a plus.
Please click the Apply Now button below to send your resume.
- provided by Dice