Location: Good Samaritan Society Arlington
Address: 411 Seventh Ave NW, Arlington, MN 55 USA
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: Various Shifts Available
Good Samaritan Society Arlington is hiring PRN/On-Call staff for their Nutrition team!
Assist in the kitchen as a Cook or Nutrition Assistant providing our residents with an excellent dining and meal experience!
The Good Samaritan Society - Arlington facility is has committed to creating a home for our residents that is much like their own - a welcoming and loving place. We are honored to provide exceptional care and services to seniors and others in need in our great community.
- PRN / On-Call Status
- Pickup shifts as a Cook or Nutrition Assistant
- Flexible Scheduling - Work as your schedule allows!
- Day or Evening options available
- Eligible for 401(k), Holiday Pay, Annual Wage Increases and more great perks!
- Coordinates production, prepares and serves nutritious, appealing meals to residents following orders, standards, and regulations. Assists with development of pleasing and unique recipes and menu creation.
- Maintains continuous quality improvement of meals prepared and served daily.
- Observes, measures, and documents information as assigned.
- Receives and shares information; observes and reports resident conditions to appropriate staff.
- Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their service plans.
- Keeps residents' dining areas pleasant and orderly.
- Checks equipment before use and notifies supervisors or maintenance staff of problems.
- Operates dishwashing and kitchen equipment safely.
- Notifies appropriate staff of problems, uses safe lifting techniques, immediately cleans up spills, and demonstrates proper use of chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing and appropriate use of kitchen tools and procedures.
- Work at special events (i.e., open houses, group meetings, special meals, brunches etc.) as needed; sets up and cleans dining room, multi-purpose rooms or other rooms as needed; helps prepare and serve food for special events.
- Follows location infection control procedures and OSHA and CDC guidelines that apply to blood borne pathogens while serving food, assisting residents and cleaning.
- Washes hands per facility guidelines, performs cleaning duties.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment as assigned. Washes, dries and restocks dishes, pots and pans and cleans kitchen/dining areas.
- Prior work experience in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets or related experience in a similar type of setting is preferred.
- Ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
- Certification as a food protection manager by ServSafe or other equivalent ANSI approved program is preferred before assuming duties of person in charge.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of foodborne disease prevention and apply food safety principles.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visithttps//
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visithttps//
Req ID: req51324