This position exists to provide support in a variety of areas including room service dining, catering, cafeteria and café. Employees perform a combination of tasks in preparing, transporting, serving and cleaning in order to provide quality food and service to patients and retail customers. Responsible for quick, accurate, and courteous service, and resolution of customer concerns. The position is responsible for associated sanitation, cleaning and infection control practices that ensure food safety. Requires knowledge of basic food safety, infection control and sanitation; and good customer service skills, including service recovery. Works under direct supervision of team leader or area manager. #cb
- High School education or GED preferred.
- One or more years experience in food service preferred.
- Service oriented, one-year experience in position dealing with the public preferred.
- Knowledge of principles of food sanitation, health hazards, and the necessary precautionary measures.
- Ability to push, pull, and transport up to 30 lbs. and stand/walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task while working on multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers, medical staff, patients, team leaders and management.
- Ability to read and write, follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrates excellent oral communication and customer relations skills.
- Complete setup, stock and sanitation of workstations following standard procedures.
- Accurately assemble patient meals to order.
- Deliver patient meals and nourishments accurately and in a timely manner, according to proper procedures.
- Respond to patient requests for personal/nursing care by alerting the appropriate staff to assist the patient.
- Identify situations that may indicate a violation or infraction of food service/room service policies and report to management accordingly.
- Adequately inventory nursing units for bulk nourishments and tube feedings.
- Deliver and stock bulk nourishments on nursing units as ordered.
- Rotate food stock based on use by dates following standard procedures.
- Retrieve soiled trays from nursing units in a timely manner.
- Perform sanitation duties according to department procedures, including but not limited to recording of food temperatures and sanitizer test logs.
- Demonstrate use of quality improvement in daily operations.
- Identify and respond appropriately to patient and customer satisfaction issues.
- Prepare, replenish and serve a variety of foods.
- Transport food, supplies and equipment as directed.
- Safely operate a variety of food service equipment including but not limited to Panini grill, turbo chef oven, indication cook top, meat slicer, food processor, immersion blender, tomato slicer, garbage disposal, pulper, and dish machine.
- Record appropriate information on various documents per department procedure including but not limited to production sheets, food waste evaluation form, catering inventory sheets, deposit tapes, and cash drawer verification log.
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as answering telephone, using vocera, operating cash register, and money handling.