Job Summary :
Customer Service Representative (Operations) assists the Operations teams and other seasonal staff in site cleanliness and safety at Washington Park, Fountain Square and Over-the-Rhine District in accordance with established policies and procedures. The CSR (Operations) is integral to our success at supplying a quality experience to each and every visitor to our public spaces and Over-the-Rhine. He or she is also responsible for adhering to company policies and providing excellent customer service to all patrons and partners. This can be either a full-time hourly position or an hourly seasonal position.
· Excellent Customer Service:
o Greet visitors at public spaces and public streets.
o Make eye contact, engage visitors to the city and/or events with a friendly greeting.
o Engage visitors if their behavior conflicts with a posted rule or regulation
o Provide directions, information, city information or recommendations to visitors to the area as needed.
o Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and overall 3CDC standards of operations and customer service.
· Teamwork and Leadership
o Ability to take direction from and report information to direct supervisor.
o Delegates tasks to a team and leads by example to achieve goals.
o Completes required paperwork and checklists for shifts in a timely and thorough manner.
o Previous experience training or leading teams preferred.
· Operations and Safety
o Manual litter collection, emptying trash cans, cleaning up spills, graffiti removal, and other duties as directed.
o Maintain the cleanliness and safety standards of all civic spaces through constant site upkeep, observation, and communication.
o Ensure physical environment, including equipment, is in good working condition for every guest.
o Provide written reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, broken equipment, maintenance issues, and tasks as completed.
· Event Operations:
o Set up and break down events at public spaces according to diagrams and plans provided by supervisor on duty.
o Focus on intense cleaning, trash collection/emptying and general tidiness during each event.
o Observe and report: while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to appropriate supervisors.
o Controlling and managing crowds, performing Guest services functions. (i.e. Directing guests).
- Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and problem-solve accordingly.
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external).
- Able to make good decisions quickly in stressful situations.
- Sense of initiative with desire to become truly involved in the development of our civic spaces, garages, and Over-the-Rhine District.
- Works well in teams or as an individual.
- Receives, delegates, and completes tasks in a professional and timely manner.
- Able to quickly adapt to needs of business and manage changing priorities.
- Prior experience with equipment used for pressure washing, snow removal, and cityscape maintenance a bonus.
- Be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- A valid driver license with no more than 6 points
- Able to pass criminal and background checks.
Licenses, Credentials, Certifications :
Skills or specialized knowledge (examples below) :
· Swift and courteous customer service skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, work habits and consistent follow-through.
· Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Physical and Mental Demands :
· Job requires lifting at least 50lbs. and at least 8 hours on one's feet in the elements (rain, heat, cold/snow).