ABA - Lettuce Entertain You's first restaurant to open in Texas - is hiring BARTENDERS for our DINING ROOM team!
2+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Mediterranean and California-Inspired Cooking
A restaurant & outdoor patio with a welcoming ambiance, showcasing Chef CJ Jacobson's lighter style of cooking with influences from the Mediterranean, including Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, and Greece STEP ONE: Complete your application!
Interviews will begin 8/3/2020 and be held Monday - Friday for the coming weeks. We are offering virtual video interviews between 12:00-5:00pm. If video access is not an option, we will also be holding in-person interviews from 10:00am-2:00pm at an outdoor space located at 1007 S. Congress. Look for our canopy located just north of the Equinox/Muse Apartments. To help ensure the safety of our applicants and employees during this time, masks, temperature and health checks will be required prior to in-person interviews.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for preparing beverages for guests according to recipe, as well as serving food for guests that dine in the bar area. Assists with Busser, Food Runner and Barista duties as directed. A friendly, accommodating demeanor, as well as an ability to multi-task, are essential for success in this position.
- Prepare and serve beverages to guests according to recipes and contracts
- Stock/restock appropriate areas of the bar with alcohol, glassware, ice and supplies
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Effectively service a full bar top, cocktail station, and dining room orders
- Safely and effectively transport food or beverages to a table of three in a single trip
- Ability to safely tolerate hands being exposed to liquids frequently, including water, cleaning solutions, alcohol, various juices and other liquids
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives and blenders
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests' needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Safely and properly change beer kegs, CO 2 tanks and soda dispensers
- Manually wash and sanitize glassware using a three compartment sink
- Account for and maintain the security of all bar stock and inventory
- Responsible for the security and reconciliation of the bar cash drawer
- Ability to recognize an intoxicated guest, refuse to overserve guests and seek out management with any concerns about a guest that appears intoxicated
- Accurately record and account for all items ordered, process payments, and account for and balance all sales/receipts in compliance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Use sales techniques and present and encourage current promotions to guests
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Proficiency in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the POS system and Frequent Diner, Gift Card and Credit Card terminals
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed