A business management graduate with an aspired vision to create a difference in marketing and work cultures. Always willing to excel through innovation, inspire a team and lead them towards business development. Currently working with Novotel Kochi Infopark as a Sales Manager handling corporate, MICE, leisure and government business. Also overlooking the banquet sales.
Feb 2018 - May 2019
Novotel Kochi Infopark - India
- Pre-opening hotel experience with Novotel Kochi. Handling an inventory of 128 keys with 3 food and beverage outlets and 3 banquet facilities.
- Setting up sales SOP’s, contracts, RFP’s and other related tools and procedures for the department.
- Handling RFP accounts for the hotel and generate relevant business cases.
- Manage Corporates, Leisure, Government sector, Entertainment sector and MICE business for the hotel, generate and convert leads with more focus on corporate segment.
- Client visits, hotel familiarization and entertainments ensuring conversion of business
- Handling feeder markets to generate more leads and to increase market penetration of Novotel Kochi Infopark.
- Create bench mark rates for the hotel and ensure in setting high ADR.
- Maximize revenue by closing in on best corporate business and MICE.
- Track and analyze OTA bookings, understand guest travel and convert to corporate contracting’s.
- Handling the responsibility of Manager on Duty
- Analyze STR reports, conduct market research and have a clear understanding of competitor insights.
- Keeping the departmental cost in line with agreed annual budget.
- Engage in marketing activities to promote Novotel Kochi.
- Develop good relations with National Sales team and sister concerns to generate lead and promote the hotel.
- Communicate about the brand with pride and develop awareness about the hotel in local community, market in which the hotel sells.
- Working closely with Director of Sales in understanding the short and long term impacts of business decisions and execute business strategies.
- Produce monthly sales reports and analyze if they are in liaison with the budget and forecasts
- Manage day to day activities of the department and optimize the team performance to drive sales.
- Find and create best opportunities where in it helps to increase business revenue by providing add-on’s or intangible services.
Assistant Sales Manager
Mar 2014 - Jan 2018
Holiday Inn Cochin - India
Assistant Manager Sales (Corporate March 2016 – Jan 2018) and Banquet Sales Executive- Holiday Inn Cochin, Kerala, India (March 2014 – Feb 2016)
- Handling an inventory of 211 keys with 5 food and beverage outlets and 5 banqueting facilities.
- Assist in producing the Annual Revenue. Implement and monitors the action plan, to achieve the revenue plan objectives.
- Maintain excellent relationship with the clients for future and repeat business.
- Create an environment that trains, develops, coaches and mentors team members.
- Represented Holiday Inn Cochin for Kerala Travel Mart trade shows organized by Government of Kerala in the year 2014 and 2016 with main focus on Corporate and Mice business.
- Driving IHG loyalty program of IHG business rewards and active engagement in marketing activities.
- Manage all functions of conferences and banquet operations to achieve optimum departmental revenue targets.
- Created the budget and forecast for banquets with the help of SBRP in 2015 and 2016.
- Conduct Sales visits, telephone calls, proposals, follow up’s and negotiations to understand the right banquet business for the hotel.
- Establish and convert leads to actual business, thereby generate incremental revenue for the hotel.
- Create banquet event orders explaining in detail about each event to be circulated to each department.
- Generate Catering Pace reports and Banquet forecasts every week to understand banquet revenue and business position respectively.
- Created Meeting Survey Tracking System with the support of UNIFOCUS to understand the client satisfaction ratings after conducting events in the hotel.
Impact Assistant - Liverpool
Nov 2010 - Dec 2013
- Customer service and sales on the shop floor.
- Determining the stock and general appearance of shop floor by end of the day.
Front Office Assistant
Jun 2008 - Sep 2010
Le Meridien Kochi
- Managing the daily front office operations as per hotel service standards with efficiency, including verifying all transactions for the date and finding out discrepancies.
- Worked closely with Front Office Manager and Reservation Manager on setting up rack rates for rooms. Associated with creating reservations, determining the rates and allocating the best available rate.
- Night auditing and handling hotel operating software’s like OPERA and Point of Sale software MICROS.
MBA in Business Finance and Management
Sep 2010 - Dec 2011
Univeristy of Liverpool
Bachelor of Hotel Management
Aug 2004 - Apr 2008
University of Calicut - India
Central Board of Secondary Education
Jun 1990 - Mar 2004
Vidyodaya School - India