In my last role as General Manager with Royal Tulip Hotel, Mumbai, part of Louvre Hotels Group, a major player in the global hospitality industry, with a portfolio that now includes more than 1,500 hotels in 54 countries. I was am responsible for the well-being of 142 employees. The property consists of 97 Luxury suites, with one coffee shop and Bar 120 covers, Pan Asian specialty restaurant 80 Covers, private dining 80 covers, 4 meeting rooms and one ball room which can accommodate up to 300 guests. Unfortunately, my position was made redundant due to pandemic crisis in June, 2020 and post I took a temporary assignment handling the Pre-opening & Launch of Aarya Lords Club and Resort. largest, unconventional lifestyle wedding destination based in Gujarat INDIA. The Resort comprises of 73 palatial suites, 16 Luxurious Tents, 6 Pyramids and a MICE space of 2100,000 in sq. ft. I finished the assignment, October, 2020 and I am currently seeking for a new opportunity, available to join on an immediate note.
The Hotel has won several accolades and I was nominated the HOSI General manager of the year 2019 and Top Ten Hospitality General managers by the Best of India Biz Awards 2018.
My Core Strengths & Areas of expertise
- Extensive knowledge of P&L, food and labour cost control.
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Effective grasp of sales, marketing and related platforms.
- Strong HR & Training skills. Able to develop, coach, train and act as a mentor.
- Strong communication skills and significant insights into customer diversity.
The depth of experience I can offer I believe is a great fit for your team’s needs in a General manager. I appreciate your taking the time to review my credentials and experience.
Pre Opening - General Manager
Jul 2020 - Oct 2020
Lords Hotels and Resorts
Temporary Endeavor - Handled Pre-Opening and Launch of Aarya Lords Club & Resort- Rajkot. Gujarat’s, largest, unique, unconventional wedding destination. The Resort comprises of 73 Palatial suites, 16 Luxurious Tents, 6 Pyramids and a MICE space of 210,000 Sq Feet.
Aug 2016 - Jun 2020
Louvre Hotels Group
- Responsible for all aspects of operations at the property, administering 97 rooms, 2 restaurants, one coffee shop & Bar 120 covers, Pan Asian Restaurant 80 Covers, 4 meeting rooms and one Ball room which can accommodate up to 300 guests. And day-to-day staff management and guest satisfaction. I am an ambassador for the brand and the property, growing awareness through engagement with online bloggers and influencers, social media, and the traditional media. Providing leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximizing operations and guest satisfaction. Growth and management of the Retail Programme and continuous development of Louvre Hotel Mumbai.
- Responsible for managing and improving the Balance Score Card, Rev- Par Index, Revenue and House Profit, Guest Satisfaction and Associate engagement of the Hotel.
Mar 2015 - Jul 2016
Oakwood Asia Pacific
- Managed overall operations of 62 Luxury serviced apartments with 120 covers coffee shop & Bar, 85 covers Indian fine dining restaurant –Azok, by Michelin star Chef, Mr. Vineet Bhatia and 2 meeting rooms. I was responsible for the well- being of 87 passionate team members.
Director of sales and marketing
Nov 2009 - Mar 2015
Oakwood Asia Pacific
- Driving the sales strategy for the PAN India properties & Oakwood Asia Pacific Key Accounts, implementing sales initiatives, setting sales processes and the roll out of sales tools. Supporting Revenue and Marketing in reviewing the performance of all PAN India properties to ensure the sales teams are targeting the right customers, driving the right rates and maximizing occupancy. I managed a sales resource in India, who are responsible for all market segments and equally responsible for generating Global sales with both a short and long stay focus.
Bachelors in Arts (Philosophy, Economics and statistics)
Apr 1993 - May 1996
Management in Marketing
Jan 1993 - Jun 1995
Welingkar Institute of Management Studies