The Global Development Data Steward will lead Global Development's data governance activities including processes, policies and guidelines for administering the organization's data and records and ensure the Operational data processes are efficient and effective from end-to-end. The Data Steward documents and monitors data standards and data curation policies and processes in partnership with Functional Areas. S/he ensures that there are documented procedures and guidelines for data access and use. The Data Steward is responsible for managing Global Development's Master Data and ontologies and serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues.
Essential Functions required for the job. List both technical and managerial requirements if applicable.
• Drive consistency of data governance approach across Global Development Functional Areas including Clinical, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs and Precision Medicine.
• Lead the design, definition and delivery of operational data exchange between Regeneron and its strategic partners e.g. CROs
• Establish, implement and maintain a Global Development-wide federated data governance framework with business objective of ensuring quality of data.
• Establish the methodologies to define ontologies and taxonomies for information management at the Functional area level and curate at the Global Development level
• Capture and document metadata and ontologies for Global Development data and records.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards and data protection standards, processes and procedures cross functionally and within individual functional areas.
• Develop & maintain Global Development data maps including authoritative systems and owners
• Partner with members of Global Development, other Regeneron Departments and external third parties, to continuously validate and improve the quality of internal and external data
• Engage with the industry to learn about best practices for data stewardship and introduce new innovative capabilities to the business.
• Partner with members of Global Clinical Development, as well as external third parties, to continuously improve and validate data provided to our business partners
• Develop and analyze metrics for data quality and data management processes.
• Ensure alignment to security and privacy requirements/standards
• Functional area expertise preferred. Ideal candidate comes from a business function background (e.g. Clin Ops, Data Management, Regulatory).
• Strong knowledge of industry data standards e.g. CDISC.
• Experience defining and document metadata and ontologies
• Good problem solving, technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
• Strong track record of project management, stakeholder management, budget management and collaboration skills
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.