We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is seeking a hard-working, energetic employee who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in customer service. By providing personalized attention to our guests and owners, you will help us maintain our quickly growing portfolio of vacation homes.
What you’ll do:
Ensure guest satisfaction by suggestion selling of menu items, proper timely service and follow-up.
- Check station to ensure all tables are set properly. Complete opening side work.
- Take a guest order using suggestive selling to increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the proper course is served at the appropriate time.
- Check back with each table to see if everything is satisfactory.
- Turn orders into kitchen for preparation. Ensure food is prepared correctly before serving.
- Serve and replenish beverages and other accessories throughout the meal.
- Ensure check is correctly tabulated and present it to the guest with a pleasant Thank You. Return promptly with change and receipt having followed the proper credit or cash procedures.
- Clear and reset tables in the proper manner, if necessary.
- Complete daily side work duties assigned. Fill condiments and complete closing side work.
- After completing of training, maintain a check average within guidelines set by department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The skills you’ll need
- Serving experience preferred, but not required
Work environment and physical demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed
- Weekend and holiday availability required
- Must be able to work outdoors and work at a face pace to serve high volume
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time (8 hours)
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture