We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
What we’re looking for
The Food Runner will be responsible for serving guests at the pool deck of Blue Dunes Grille and on the beach. Food Runners will provide the highest quality service possible to guests courteously and efficiently while maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation. This individual must be able to work outdoors.
This is a full-time, seasonal position from through September.
What you’ll do
- Communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Listen to, understand, and clarify concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Keep all work areas clean and properly stocked according to the current meal period
- Keep all tables cleaned and properly set according to property specific standards.
- Break down trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom area according to established standards.
- Assist servers by delivering and refilling beverages, pre-bussing tables, and promptly resolving any guest requests.
- Complete daily opening and closing duties and cleaning according to established side-work checklist.
- Answer the phone in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Assist fellow employees as needed throughout the shift.
- Provide service to guests in server's absence as needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction
Skills you’ll need
- Reliable transportation
- Weekend and holiday availability required
- Fast paced and focused
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Must be able to frequently lift 40 lbs
- Ability to stand for 6 hours and walk up and down stairs
- Able to work outdoors in the sun for extended periods of time
What you'll get:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 6% company match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture