We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is seeking a hard-working, energetic employee who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in customer service. The Cook will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. You will promptly complete food orders and prepare food ensuring quality. You will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards at all times.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare all food and set the assigned area for on-time opening, ensuring assigned area is fully equipped with product, equipment, tools, etc. necessary to properly execute incoming orders.
- Perform all cooking tasks in compliance with company standards and approved recipes to achieve excellent guest service and satisfaction.
- Properly fill orders placed by the front of the house Associates, doing so in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner. Keep front of the house Associates informed of items running out in a timely manner to protect the guest experience.
- Ensure that the kitchen area and all its equipment are clean and in proper working condition. Maintain cleanliness and order in all coolers as well as freezers and ensure proper rotation of perishable products.
- Properly follow all health department requirements and make sure all products are stored and kept in a safe and sanitary fashion. Do not use products if you doubt its freshness.
- Address service staff concerns promptly and appropriately to ensure guests leave the restaurant satisfied.
- Follow all opening and closing procedures and checklists. Perform all necessary cleaning assignments.
The skills you’ll need
- Basic line cooking skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to give high priority to customer service
- Must be able to solve problems with a minimum of supervision
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Positive attitude and willing to learn
- Serve Safe Certification a plus
- 6-12 months recent cooking experience preferred, preferably in a high volume operation
Work environment and physical demands
- Must be able to work week days and weekends, holidays and some on-call hours
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture