Purpose for the Position: To maintain the Hotel areas and all Hotel assets to an acceptable quality standard.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Assists Chief Engineer with all maintenance and preventative maintenance to include: refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventative maintenance, convention center front and back of house spaces, A/C units, ice machines, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electrical substations, etc.
- Monitors electric, gas and water consumption.
- Ensures all projects are completed according to specifications and are completed on time.
- Understands and practices all lock out-tag out procedures in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Perform all guestroom and public area preventive maintenance services as outlined for your hotel.
- Performs maintenance checks of equipment and logs properly.
- Reports all safety and security concerns to the Chief Engineer or the Manager on Duty immediately.
- Ensures all key inventories are secure.
- Responds to all emergency situations prepared to assist.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance programs for event space, public space, kitchens and all convention center equipment.
- Performs inventory duties as required.
- Maintains cleanliness of grounds and attractiveness of landscaping.
- Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of all work space and storage areas.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Complete projects as determined by the Chief Engineer.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Previous hotel engineering experience required.
- FSD and EPA certification preferred.
- Previous background in HVAC and electrical.
- Understand the technologies required in the work you are directly.
- Work with a variety of situations.
- Solve problems using facts and personal judgment.
- React quickly in emergency situations and make decisions that may involve a great amount of money or the safety of others.
- Work with different kinds of people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year