STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Manages the operations and staff of a Wendy's restaurant, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Ensures achievement of restaurant objectives are reached in all areas while following all Company guidelines. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices. Provides leadership, direction, training and development to subordinate managers and crew. Creates and maintains a "People Excellence" environment.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall restaurant management. Management of Wendy's staff includes customarily and regularly directing the work of approximately 20 to 50 employees. The General Manager is expected to customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in carrying out his or her duties. The General Manager is expected to solely perform Exempt Duties more than 50% of his or her work time. "Exempt Duties" includes but is not limited to, running or servicing of the business, personnel and labor management, planning and controlling budget and finances, overseeing sales/revenue, purchases/costs, quality control, advertising and marketing, public relations, and/or monitoring or implementing legal and regulatory compliance measures. If during any workweek the General Manager does not solely perform exempt duties more than 50% of his or her work time, it must be immediately reported to the District Manager or Human Resources.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA Key Measurement Criteria:
1. Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to store management and crew employees. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; takes corrective actions, as appropriate.
2. Maximizes store sales goals versus budget and prior year, including participation in marketing programs. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance sales. Manages assigned store requirements for new product rollouts/procedures.
3. Maximizes profit goals versus budget and prior year. Manages food, labor and paper costs and other controllable expenses. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits.
4. Ensures the continual improvement of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards on all day parts, including the monitoring of food product quality. Ensures total store "Service Excellence", including "Customer Courtesy", standards are met; implements corrective actions, as required.
5. Develops subordinates to maximize their contributions and future promotability. Executes proper training and development through established systems and practices.
6. Ensures People Excellence culture through the execution of the restaurant's overall Human Resources programs. Ensures achievement of proper staffing levels. Utilizes ongoing system for the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of store management and crew. Prepares and conducts quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for store management. Provides quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for crew. Works with local HR staff to manage Speak Up process at store level, ensuring expedient and appropriate resolution.
7. Ensures store compliance with Company operating policies and procedures. Works with District Manager to establish store priorities, and develops and executes store plans. Informally evaluates store performance, receives and incorporates feedback from store inspections, and implements action plans to improve store ratings. Conducts regular managers' meetings to communicate and reinforce priorities.
8. Ensures protection of Wendy's brand and assets through store compliance with Company policies and procedures. Evaluates store performance at specified intervals using Company inspection form; coaches and retrains managers as required.
9. Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver's License
- Must have and maintain auto insurance
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must be able to be reached by phone
- Must be willing to relocate to another store within a geographic area
- Must be willing to work any shift as required
- Must be willing to work any day as required
- Must be willing to comply with my job description
- Must be able to communicate with all employees
1. Wendy's operating systems and procedures
2. Wendy's policies and procedures
3. P&L analysis and corrective measures
4. Supervisory practices
5. Planning and budgeting
6. Interviewing practices
7. Training and development practices
8. Federal, state and local employment laws
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree, preferred or equivalent operational experience; and 3 - 4 years line operations experience in the restaurant industry.
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, the General Manager must perform managerial duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position. The General Manager must be able to stand for long periods without a break, and be able to travel to the bank, other restaurants, Area Office, etc.