Austin Staffing Inc. is seeking a General Manager for an Art Hospitably venue close to hwy 183 and I35 in Austin, Texas. This is a direct hire position.
We create art shows that make the world's creativity accessible to all. We believe that art can play a role in the lives of those it does not reach today, if it can be made accessible. We're building a bridge between artists and new audiences, designing shows where visitors share creativity with the people they care about. Our mission is to create shared understanding through shared experiences.
The General Manager is responsible for all company activities with the city. Armed with the company's best practices, the General Manager will build and lead a team of roughly seventy-five and oversee business functions including show operations, marketing, and community relations. Close attention to detail, superior management skills, and a dedication to implementing best practices while improving systems and processes are vital to success in this role.
- Job Responsibilities
● Deliver an extraordinary visitor experience
● Hire, train, and supervise a team to execute quality shows while communicating our mission to visitors in a positive and authentic way in accordance with our values and standards
● Manage a large team while upholding company policies around areas (including but not limited to: time and attendance, artwork engagement and maintenance, general show operations, and housekeeping)
● Manage and implement marketing strategies
● Develop and maintain relationships with community partners including local government, nonprofits, schools, media, and sponsors
● Support various functions of the overall show experience, across all departments (including but not limited to: artwork guide, ticketing, reception, customer service, maintenance and shop/snack bar sales)
● Partner with HQ in execution of site strategies and personnel development
● 4+ years of management experience
● Bachelor's degree or higher in Hospitality, Art Management or related field
● Experience with large team leadership preferred
● Experience in the arts or event management preferred
● Experience with payroll and schedule management
● Flexible schedule, ability to work nights and weekends