You are strategic and discerning. You are a natural leader and a problem-solver, and you are highly motivated when your work has deep, meaningful impact. At Company Mille Lacs your challenge is to manage and grow an innovative team that will nationally scale Company. The work you do, will enrich and build the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, who take pride in their communities and seeing the growth and develop.
As Company's VP of Hospitality, you will be at the helm of the organization's core development. We are looking for a leader who has experience in sustainably growing business while maintaining the integrity and support operations with our businesses.
We look for the following when evaluating new teammates:
Culture fit: You love our ambitious/spirited culture that is passionate about redeeming lives and restoring Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe communities. You strive to display heart, empathy, and resolve in our daily interactions.
Organizational aptitude: You are a strong project and people manager, capable of driving multiple work streams and stakeholders toward deadlines and juggling priorities in a dynamic environment.
Execution machine: You thrive under pressure, consistently meeting expectations and commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner. You lead through our values, while energizing people.
VP of Hospitality will provide and define the strategic direction and implement proven strategies to continually improve Company's Hospitality and Food and Beverage operations. VP of Hospitality will introduce new concepts to ensure the successful offers from Company. VP of Hospitality will be recognized for their energy, leadership, entrepreneurial skills and ability to coach / motivate team members.
- Manage and develop high performing hospitality teams. Results oriented. Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, performance-based business.
- Proven ability to establish, articulate and promote a strategic vision, strategic plans, initiatives and goals across teams executing on the plan.
- Ensures that the Food & Beverage activities are aligned with respective Home Office Team Strategy, and that the Hotel Action Plans have been implemented where appropriate.
- Work closely with the VP, F&B with regards to day to day operational needs at both Home Office and the property-level.
- Communicate frequently with Food & Beverage leaders, including both Front and Back of House teams to ensure alignment and on-going two-way communication.
- Collaborate and partner with the property teams to ensure new venues are opened successfully.
- Work directly on financial analysis to ensure concepts are correctly defined and ROI's are accurately thought through for best return on the investment.
- Understand practical considerations (cost, budgets, timing, and schedules), critical to the successful execution of these action plans and ensure the plans maximize revenue while staying true to the Hotels F&B concept.
- Coordinate with kitchen designers and consultants, as necessary, and review all aspects of planning and execution for renovation and new projects, including reviewing of layouts, materials and FF&E, as required.
- •Ensure that standards, policies and procedures in Food & Beverage areas are adhered to as per Hotels OPS and Audit standards.
- Work with Marketing, Entertainment & Brand Partnerships, on identifying relevant liquor sponsorship opportunities and other F&B-related brand partnerships.
- Ensure training and development is embraced by the F&B property-level leadership to continually enhance skills and knowledge with the teammates. Work with the People Department on producing content, where necessary.
- Actively participate in and lead recruitment, talent retention and talent development for the property-level F&B leadership, in order to meet both current and future needs.
- Designs, executes and creates overall retail management strategies to increase sales and profitability margins in accordance Company policies, budgets and procedures.
- Oversees amenities to meet the needs and desires of Company Guests.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists in planning budgets for the property.
- Reviews various reports, identifying potential misinformation and/or conflicts, and reports to the appropriate individuals.
- Establishes the parameters to empower team with the authority to accomplish the duties of their assigned positions.
- Analyzes service and general operations of all hotel and food and beverage on a daily basis, giving feedback and offering direction, as needed.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate level of community involvement.
- Remains current of business trends and activities in the hospitality market.
- Participates in setting marketing policies and goals designed to attract Casino guests.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal and State laws
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years progressive Hospitality leadership experience required, including an emphasis on Hotel and Food and Beverage.
- Previous multi-unit managerial operations experience required.
- Previous managerial operations experience for hotels with 300+ hotel rooms.
- Knowledge and full understanding of financial planning, profit and loss statements, and budget forecasting.
- Experience in renovating hotels, and growing hotel revenue and utilization of LMS systems.
- Experience in developing F&B offers for multiple venues.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to initiate improvements in financial systems and process.
- Ability to understand a problem, structure the analysis needed to solve it and come up with innovative and insightful solutions and recommendations.
PREFERRED AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Alcohol Awareness Certification.
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Ok with environment with second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
- Results driven, highly motivated and self-directed.
- Collaborative team player with great interpersonal skills.
The company requires every associate to:
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
- Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community