The Pictsweet Company is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to lead the night shift at our frozen vegetable processing facility in Santa Maria, CA. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree or 10 years of supervisory experience in a production environment.
Some of the tasks you'll do at Pictsweet include:
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring all quality and food safety systems in place for the production of quality products manufactured under clean and safe conditions.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulations relating to food safety and personnel safety such as FDA, USDA, OSHA, and TOSHA. Complies with all other regulations and laws affecting the company (business law, trade secrets, personnel practices, etc.)
- Coordinates production scheduling with management, warehouse, quality control, and maintenance personnel.
- Monitors production lines and work areas. Visually inspects work areas and production equipment. Ensures equipment operates properly. Notifies maintenance when repairs need to be completed.
- Monitors the hourly HACCP checks and ensures compliance with standards and procedures. Takes corrective action if checks are out of control or not being completed correctly.
- Directs, assigns work to, corrects, disciplines, trains, and evaluates personnel.
- Maintains positive employee relations within the department, resolves worker problems, and collaborates with employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Directs daily production schedule. Notifies Manager when there are problems with product.
- Monitors and evaluates production performance to ensure performance standards are met. Adjusts product, manpower, and equipment resources as needed.
- Communicates frequently with plant management regarding production. Anticipates and resolves problems.
- Serves on the Emergency Response Team and participates in all required meetings. Reports to plant during the event of an ammonia leak, and assist the team in a response.