has a career opening for a Food Service Specialist II. WORK LOCATION:
Various locations WORK HOURS:
1st Shift FLSA STATUS:
Hourly Non-Exempt JOB TYPE:
Regular Full-Time JOB CODE:
1383- 185 POSITION SUMMARY
Provides team leadership and assists in setting a positive work environment. Embodies a spirit of hospitality and ensures professionalism while providing food services at residential treatment facilities, halfway houses and/or as part of House Café and Catering. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Manager in leading Food Services team, including orientation of new team members as well as ongoing scheduling and assisting with evaluation of staff
- Prepare food per prescribed menus and recipes, including associated prep work
- Slice, mix, puree, steam, bake, fry, grill, etc. as part of food preparation
- Record and maintain food/beverage inventories; order from Agencys established vendor
- Receive, inspect and store food, beverages and supplies; contact vendor in event of discrepancies
- Monitor budget
- Implement and ensure policies and procedures for food service operations are followed
- Maintain security of working area for client and employee safety
- Clean and/or supervise clients in cleaning kitchen and dining areas, including cookware, as needed
- Assist in disposing of kitchen/dining room trash as needed.
The above job functions are intended to describe the general nature of the position. The detailed position description will give more specific detail on duties and responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Minimum 1 year relevant food service experience
- Ability to obtain Level II ServSafe Certification within 3 months of hire
- Culinary School or Vocational school training
- 2+years of food service experience
Duties and additional experience or requirements may vary by position.
To perform this job successfully, as individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Talbert House employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Talbert House is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services. AGENCY DESCRIPTION
Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit network of social services with programs focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment and reintegration. Each year, Talbert House helps thousands of men, women and children across Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky overcome adversity to become healthy and productive citizens through programs in community corrections, mental health, substance abuse and welfare-to-work.