Description/Job Summary AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in
Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $35 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking a Benefits Specialist.
The Benefits Specialist, under direct supervision of the Benefits Supervisor, completes assigned benefits administration responsibilities.
Researches and responds to questions on all benefit plans and provides guidance and assistance to human
resources partners, current and former employees, and retirees relative to policies, practices and procedures applicable to benefit programs. Prepares and/or verifies defined benefit retirement plan benefit calculations as assigned. Presents benefits information
to small groups of new Bank employees. Responsible for coordination of various benefit meetings. Determines and maintains accurate benefit eligibility data and processes benefit changes in the Infor Lawson HRMS. Maintains accurate files and records for all
benefit plans. Assists/performs Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) and testing and other audit requirements as assigned.
The position is responsible for performing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The
person will take work seriously, have a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles benefit program enrollments in health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, life insurance, long term disability and voluntary employee benefits plans
- Responds to questions from human resources partners, employees, retirees and beneficiaries and resolves issues relating to benefits eligibility and coverage.
- Verifies benefits information in HRMS (Infor Lawson).
- Using Actuary's system, prepares and/or verifies individual defined benefit retirement calculations as assigned for retirement plans.
- Plans quarterly benefits committee meetings, annual retiree luncheon, and annual retirement planning seminar.
- Prepares claims and agency forms such as Workers Compensation claims and CMS forms. Handles sympathy and illness expressions for the Bank.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or HR Management
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience in the administration of employee benefits with emphasis in retirement and health and welfare plans
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of employee benefits laws and regulations including HIPAA, FMLA, ADA and the Affordable Care Act
- Ability to understand and effectively communication plan provisions, policies, procedures, etc. to a diverse group of people
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and to work independently on routine matters with minimal direction and complete multiple assignments within assigned timeframes
- Experience with an HRMS and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional certification (PHR/SPHR, CBP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports