Provides technical leadership for facility maintenance personnel. Responsible for scheduling, coaching, and training of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and evaluating performance of direct reports to maximize employee engagement and achieve desired outcomes.
- Monitor production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery.
- Provide suggestions for correctable measures when downtime results from mechanical or technical defects.
- Prioritize work orders and schedule maintenance personnel as necessary.
- Sustain and improve assigned work orders and maintain documentation of all work performed.
- Participate in Hazmat operations and emergency preparedness.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate those to supervisor or lead staff.
- Observe and enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical procedures.
- Knowledge of plant maintenance requirements.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Skill in operating a forklift and scissors lift.
- Skill in managing and leading staff.
- Skill in using a personal computer and a variety of software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Skill in communicating in a courteous and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and solve mechanical problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to pass a maintenance assessment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate's Degree in Maintenance or Mechanics preferred. Minimum of two years work experience in the field of maintenance, including previous supervisory experience.
- NOTE: The above duties describe the general nature of work performed. From time to time additional functions may be required.