We are seeking candidates for a permanent Senior Cost Accountant opening in Conyers.
The Senior Cost Accountant role is responsible for supporting our manufacturing plant performing a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions. This position will require a significant focus on general ledger accounting, analyzing cost records, and expenditures in addition to preparing budgets and monitoring company spend. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting key activities that relate to month, quarterly and year-end closing, inventory, account reconciliations and auditing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates business changes and implements updated control mechanisms as needed to establish policies and procedures in order to maintain better internal controls.
- Investigate and troubleshoot accounting issues when needed. Lead and/or represent Finance in discussions on various issues.
- Prepare month-end journal entries with required back up as well as prepare and maintain accurate and timely prepaid and accrual accounts.
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of inventory, including but not limited to finished goods inventory, excess and obsolete reserves, negative balances, cycle count accuracy, properly accounting of inventory and reconciliations of inventory accounts.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules including but not limited to sales, margin and cost reporting. Provides support related to the above for annual budgetary planning.
- Classifies labor, material, and overhead costs to compute cost of job and prepares daily/weekly job cost reporting which requires variance investigation and problem solving skills.
- Codes invoices and vouchers with proper account distribution and works with other affiliated locations to ensure timely and accurate intercompany transactions are recorded.
- Prepare requests and track capital expenditures to ensure accurate spend and conversion to a fixed asset.
- Participates in providing schedules, data, and information to auditors for the Sarbanes- Oxley and financial audits.
- Assists with balance sheet preparation and monthly account reconciliations.
- Performs other duties and prepare various ad hoc reports as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of cost accounting experience
- 3-5 years of General Ledger Accountant or Auditing experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting a manufacturing environment.