Hampton Inn Midland I-20 by Hilton | 2201 Camp Drive | Midland, TX | 79701 |
- Sells hotel guestrooms, catering services, and banquet facilities through researching, developing and aggressively soliciting new business and maintaining direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues and profits.
- Establishes client base of organizations, associations, social groups, and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manage daily schedule to achieve 25% strategic administrative time and 75% tactical sales execution time.
- Conducts tours, answers questions for walk-in and call-in customers directing them to other sales staff members if appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/ or convention business.
- Documents all sales activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Forecasts and accurately records and all bookings and cancellations.
- Actively participates in various industry networking groups. This includes but is not limited to attending local and regional events and conventions and developing relationships with meeting planners and decision makes for the association/government agencies.
- Actively participates in weekly Revenue calls.
- Spends a majority of time each week away from hotel conducting outside Sales calls and Sales Blitzes.
- Provides administrative support to the Sales team/office.
- Meets with F&B staff daily to review catering summary (if applicable).
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Meets with planners after their event to discuss success of event, deficiencies, etc. and to re-book business.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Assist General Manager with operations tasks when needed/assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- All hotel departments: To communicate client expectations.
- Reservations: To confirm guestroom availability.
- National and Regional Sales: Share leads and account and client Information.
- Guests: To provide service.
- Travel Agencies: To promote hotel services and generate business.
- Competition: To stay informed of competitive strategies and business conditions.
- CVB: To promote hotel services and generate business.
- Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two years work experience in sales field is preferred. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Interpersonal skills
- Sales/negotiating abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer Skills.
- Planning and organizational abilities.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- A majority of time will be spent selling and negotiating hotel guestrooms and banquet facility, meeting space and services, therefore a significant portion of time is spent speaking, listening, thinking, and writing.
- A majority of time is spent conducting outside sales, therefore a significant amount of time is spent communicating and interacting with various people inside and outside of the hotel. This person will be listening and speaking to guests and staff, making quick decisions and using problem-solving skills.
- Reading and writing abilities are often used when communicating with the hotel outlets and outside contacts when planning services, as well as to document any sales related activity.
- A portion of time is spent moving about the property while conducting tours or meeting with other hotel departments.
- Travel is necessary in order to solicit for new business, meet potential clients and to attend conventions and trade shows.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, problem solving, reasoning, negotiating, profit/loss concepts, variances and percentages are often used.
- This person will occasionally assist in breaking down or setting up of banquet space, or assist in food service, requiring lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Reports to: Director of Sales, General Manager, or Regional Director of Sales
- Job title also known as: Group Rooms Sales Manager, Conference Sales Manager, DOS, Director of Sales
Job Type: Full-time