CORE VALUE COMMITMENT:
All employees will demonstrate our culture of commitment to quality, respect for fellow employees and business partners, and responsibility to the environment and our community.
Responsible for supervising staff in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the wastewater department, dissolved air flotation (DAF) system, and maintenance of complex grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision, coaching, training and evaluating performance of staff to maximize employee engagement and ensure strategic goals are met.
- Plan and schedule daily staffing to maximize efficiency of operations.
- Schedule and plan maintenance activities for all wastewater and grounds activities.
- Work with contractors and/or direct reports to ensure that snow removal, lawn care, and other grounds operations are being completed timely, properly and professionally.
- Oversee preventive maintenance (PM) schedules to maintain all systems under wastewater and grounds areas.
- Provide technical direction to wastewater technicians, or contract labor for various projects.
- Ensure that all regulatory policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure that specifications, engineer drawings, safety standards, and good work practice are followed.
- Ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of all wastewater and grounds equipment.
- Assist with the on-the-job training and development of assigned employees.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment or systems when necessary.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Investigate areas of cost reduction, quality improvement, yield control and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of regulations related to Industrial Wastewater Operations.
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures related to grounds maintenance.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and a variety of software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Skill in communicating in a courteous and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in prioritizing tasks.
- Skill in managing staff and providing clear direction.
- Ability to be a good representative of the Company.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to participate in an Emergency Response team.
- Ability to pass a respiratory fit test.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces.
- Ability to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment.
- Ability to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Ability to work on-call and weekends if necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Associate's Degree in industrial maintenance or related field. Minimum of five years Industrial Wastewater Management experience, including two years experience in Grounds Management.