Arcis Golf is currently seeking a Superintendent for White Bluff Resort in Whitney, Texas
Our purpose speaks to creating extraordinary experiences and forging emotional connections which provides ample opportunity for creativity and innovation. This role will appeal to someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is not afraid to take risks.
The Superintendent is responsible for managing the golf course maintenance department day-to-day activities through maintaining quality standards, developing and retaining maintenance employees and exceeding guest expectations. The ideal candidate should have the ability to perform this role in a consistent manner with consideration to a given annual budget.
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily communication with General Manager/Golf Professional on golf course condition and playability.
- Promotes Arcis Golf's philosophies throughout the golf course to both employees and guests.
- Conducts monthly golf course audit.
- Directs and delegates to Assistant Superintendent, Irrigation Technician, and Mechanic.
- Reviews monthly preliminary and final profit / loss statements with General Manager.
- Required to keep all permits pertaining to maintenance department up to date.
- Must develop and post Maintenance Plan and Maintenance Standards.
- Must have knowledge of irrigation systems inclusive of programming, maintenance, trouble shooting, scheduling, moisture control and pump station management.
- Must have the ability to trouble shoot agronomic problems that may occur on the golf course.
- Must be fully capable of application equipment calibration and operation.
- Must have considerable understanding of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Responsible for the Human Resources functions of the maintenance department by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and participating in regular employee meetings.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Ensures golf course is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- 2 or 4 year Turf Grass Maintenance degree.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Five to eight years previous golf course experience with progressive responsibility.
- Holds a State Certified Pesticide License
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizational ability
- Customer skills
- Computer skills
- Must have open availability to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment
- The Superintendent represents the management of Arcis Golf. A positive image projected by this key staff member is essential. A professional appearance must be maintained at all times, along with a respectful, open-minded demeanor to reflect the philosophy of Arcis Golf to Members and outside contacts.
White Bluff has two championship 18-hole golf courses, each designed by 13-time PGA tour winner Bruce Lietzke.