The function of the 2nd Shift Maintenance Superintendent is to manage and provide technical support as required for delivery of all maintenance activities required to support the plant operations.
- Training and development of subordinate staff
- Organizing, motivating, and maintaining an effective maintenance program to ensure the facility performance objectives are met.
- Plan and schedule equipment repairs and schedule and execute required preventative maintenance (PM) using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Proactively provide feedback to management regarding hazards in the workplace and deal with emergency situations.
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal rules, regulations and guidelines
- Develop and adhere to job safety analysis regarding all potentially hazardous tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years proven experience in processing Poultry Plant 1st Processing maintenance management.
- Associate Degree in related field preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of education preference.
- Ability to maintain and repair all production facility equipment in a manner that minimizes downtime.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical duties that need to be performed on plant systems.
- Strong mechanical background along with food service experience in an industrial environment.
- Ability to determine root causes, diagnose issues and restore systems/processes, and estimate time, cost, materials and scheduling as necessary for completion of projects.