Irca Group is a growing international company with ambitious goals in North America and across the globe. We are looking for a skilled pastry chef with a solid base of knowledge and experience in pasty, bakery and chocolate, who wants to be part of our successful culinary teams. Sharp talents, keen on the world of food who wish to grow and support our sales managers in a worldwide leader in production and distribution of ingredients and chocolate decorations, are encouraged to apply.
Pastry Chef Ambassador (Spanish Bilingual)
Irca-Dobla is a global manufacturer of pastry ingredients which include fillings, chocolate decorations and toppings, bakery mixes, fruit fillings and much more. Our Chef Ambassadors are the heart of our company's growth in all of our core market channels. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate person with culinary experience to craft exceptional pastries and desserts while growing sales of the company's products across a designated geographic region..
JOB TITLE: Chef Ambassador (Spanish Bilingual)
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef Ambassador and Director of Marketing
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 1, 2020
SUMMARY: Responsible for creating exquisite pastry and other dessert products, using Irca ingredients and chocolate products to educate, engage, and inspire customers on the use of product ingredients. Must be educated on industry trends and innovations. Adhere to all policy, safety and BRC standards.
· Creates cakes, pastries and desserts, to display Irca products for customer demonstrations and photo shoots for use in marketing
· Educate and inspire customers on how to use Irca ingredients and chocolate products
· Collaborates with other chefs to develop and share knowledge
· Supports sales in product demonstrations, brainstorming sessions with clients, new product launches
· Gives demonstrations on products uses
· Attends trade shows
· Assures products meet Irca standards
· Conceptual based development based on product groups, or ranges of products that come together in one concept/product
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Ability to speak, read and write Spanish and English
· Ability to write recipes
· Skilled in chocolate chemistry and creation of chocolate products
· Valid U.S. passport with ability to travel up to 50%
· Associates Degree in Culinary Arts and minimum of 5 years of experience as pastry chef or equivalent combination of education, chef's training and experience.
· Solid bread making experience
· Serve-safe certification a plus
· Considerable cake decorating experience a plus
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Creative thinking skills
· Attention to detail
· Basic computer skills preferred - Microsoft Office/Excel/Word/Outlook
· Understanding of food safety in a manufacturing environment is preferred