Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Oakland - Oakland, CAPosition Type Part TimeJob Category Restaurant - Food ServiceDescription The Food Runner is a part of Belcampo's service team who is responsible for providing a knowledgeable and seamless experience for our guests. They are dedicated to creating a warm and inviting environment in our stores for both our guests and our team members. In order for our restaurant to be competitive and successful in this fact-paced business, all front of house team members are expected to pitch in wherever needed to ensure smooth operation at Belcampo Meat Company. Job Duties and Responsibilities 1.
Running the pass and delivering the food to the table 2.
Stocking the pass and ensuring that you have all mise en place 3.
Communicating with the chef and servers and manager regarding orders that are taking longer than expected, cancelled items and guest requests 4.
Maintaining cleanliness of the expeditor station and service station 5.
Complete daily, weekly and monthly side work 6.
Complete understanding of ingredients in each dish and the ability to describe it to our guests 7.
Help bussers and other team members when needed 8.
Sweep and mop the pass at the end of your shift 9.
Continued education about our process and our products 10.
Alert the manager when we are running low on anything 11.
Continue to go above and beyond duties defined here 100% Job Competencies, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Steps of service in a full service restaurant
- Fluid customer service skills
- Passionate about good, sustainable food
- Proactive; always looking for the next task and never standing still
- Stay calm under pressure in an effort to provide a seamless service experience
- Upbeat and positive personality
- Desire to learn
Technology related KSAs:
- 1-2 Years working in a full service restaurant
- High school diploma/GED required,
- Food Handlers card required
- This positions requires an employee who can work standing for 6 hours a day up to 5 days a week
- Lift approximately 30 pounds